The first contest entry to arrive was made by Mary Zaelocki. Remember, this is only 24" square!
Each entry will be carefully labeled with the name of the quilt maker
and the name of the Eleanor Burns pattern she chose to use for her entry.
Help Keep the Doors of The Quilters Hall of Fame Open
Hope your fingers are busy stitching an entry for The Quilters Hall of Fame's salute to Eleanor Burns who will be inducted during Celebration 2012 in July in Marion, Indiana! (Click here for Registration information.)
You have until June 30 to get your entry in and it doesn't have to be very large -- only 24"x24" (61cm x 61cm). In 2009 the Baltimore Applique Society made and auctioned over 50 small quilts to help keep the doors of The Quilters Hall of Fame/Marie Webster House open raising almost $6,000 for TQHF. You can see all of those entries from 2009 by clicking here to go to the BAS website. The 2009 effort was the 2nd time the BAS had made quilts as a fund raiser for TQHF. Their first gift of a fund raising quilt was in 2000 when they reproduced two copies of Marie Webster's Wayside Roses pattern.
We greatly appreciate every entry donated to our Fund Raising efforts. Some will be auctioned. Some will be set aside for the Gift Shop.
If you haven't yet seen the rules, here they are.
Quilt Contest “A Salute to Eleanor Burns”
1. All quilts must use at least one block from an Eleanor Burns pattern or book. The pattern or book used must be identified on the entry form and the quilt label.
2. Quilts may be pieced, appliquéd, or mixed media. The quilt may be hand or machine quilted. All the work must be done by the person named on the entry form.
3. Each quilt must measure 24" x 24", and include a 4" hanging sleeve and fabric label with name, title of quilt, Eleanor Burns pattern or book inspiration, and date.
4. All entries will become the property of TQHF. Quilts will be on display at the McCulloch School during Hall of Fame Celebration July 19-22, 2012. They will be offered for sale at Celebration 2012.
5. Quilts will be judged, and prizes will be awarded as follows:
Second and third place $ 50.00 each
Viewers Choice will be decided by penny votes at Celebration 2012.
Finished quilt and $10.00 entry fee (check made payable to TQHF) must be received by June 30, 2012.
Send entry to: Sharon Pinka, 6323 Possum Run Rd, Bellville, OH 44813.